1. For over 30 years now, the Kamba nation has politically been behind the leadership of H.E. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka, from his days in KANU, LDP, ODM- K and now Wiper.
2. Unfortunately, Hon. Kalonzo has never seized this opportunity to initiate development and empower the people of the region because development and how to initiate it, is simply not in his DNA. It is not his fault – he is just intrinsically incapable.
3. Unfortunately and as as a stroke of bad luck for the Ukambani region, for Hon. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka, it has been about power, positions, disruptions and waging the tribal card for himself and very little for the people who have kept him at the national table.
4. It is time for change. We need an ideological and paradigm shift. We need to go back to the politics of our liberation heroes like Paul Ngei. The Kalonzo Musyoka politics of “vomwe na vayetwa,” (let us harden our stand however ridiculous) and “twi nja ng’endu” (let us remain proud in our poverty), have no place in any progressive society.
5. Every commodity has an expiry date. Even the best medicines have a “use by” date. Thirty Six (36) years for Kalonzo is not yesterday. It is closer to the time that dictators like the late Robert Mugabe stayed in power. Sadly, there is little to show by Hon Kalonzo Musyoka except the positions he has held. Enough is enough.
6. We need a new leadership that focuses on water, tarmac roads, employment, financial empowerment, among others for the community and not just on a position for an individual. It is time for “Muthui wi ndaiya” (A humble wealthy community).
7. I humbly call upon my fellow leaders – Gov. Charity Ngilu, Gov. Prof. Kivutha Kibwana and other progressive leaders, including upcoming ones, religious leaders, professionals, youth, women and men groups leaders – that we urgently join hands and LIBERATE our people from the bondage we find ourselves in. I am ready to work with all to liberate the minds and livelihoods of our people. We have been mocked enough. It is time to have conversations at the household level on what we really want as a region.
8. I respect H.E. Hon. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka and I call on all my supporters to be respectful and not to insult him. However, he needs to be politely reminded that the Nguu/Masimba Ward by-election has shown that over 76% of voters rejected him and Wiper. That is the current status in Ukambani region.
9. I wish to inform all political and development players that the Kamba Nation has awoken up from selfish leadership and we have shifted our alliance from the politics of poverty to the politics of development.
10. Hon. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka is no longer the person to talk to or interact with when dealing with the Ukambani region.
Dr. Alfred N. Mutua, E.G.H
Governor of Machakos, Maendeleo Chap Chap Party Leader and Chairman, South Eastern Economic Block (SEKEB).
Saturday, October 16, 2021