Life Style

Drama as Woman Accuses Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi of Assaulting Her for Refusing Sex

/Photos Courtesy

The otherwise impressive moral canvass of Presidential aspirant Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi has just been tainted.

Odibets

This is after allegations have emerged accusing him of assaulting a female companion at a a top-notch hotel in Mombasa last month.

The incident was booked at the Nyali police station in Mombasa County on May 22, 2021, by one Diana Opemi Lutta, who claimed that she had been assaulted by the former United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Secretary-General while at the hotel.

In the report booked under OB Number 10/22/05/2021, Ms. Lutta alleged that the former Trade minister in the first tenure of retired President Mwai Kibaki assaulted her in the hotel.

“Assault report to the station by one Diana Opemi Lutta (who) has submitted a report today the 22nd day of May 2021, at around 0200 hours. She has been assaulted by a person known to her within Tamarind Village, namely Mukhisa Kituyi whom she claims to be her boyfriend.”

Ms. Lutta claims Dr.Kituyi, who is married to a Norwegian with whom he has three children, is her boyfriend, and that he turned violent after she rejected his sexual advances.

She claimed that the politician pushed her from the bed and continued kicking her after she fell on the floor. She alleged that she sustained injuries on the left knee from the fall.

But contacted for comment yesterday, Kituyi denied that he roughed up the woman but confirmed that a report on the alleged assault had been made to the police but it had since been withdrawn.

“Someone had written a report claiming l had assaulted her but it was not true, I’ve never beaten any woman in my life nor do I intend to ever do it at any given time. We sorted out the case and it was withdrawn,” he told K24 Digital

The publication quotes a senior police officer in the Coast region who declined to be named but averred that he was not aware that the case had been withdrawn.

“Kindly get in touch with the officer in charge of the station since I am not aware of the matter being withdrawn. We were waiting for the P3 form to be filled and handed over to us to enable us to arrest the suspect,” the officer said.

He was categorical that had the case been withdrawn, police records ought to have been updated to indicate such a development.

“Once a complainant withdraws a matter at the station level, the withdrawal should be entered in the OB and a withdrawal statement signed by the complainant indicating he or she does not intend to proceed with the matter which is not the case in this matter,” said the officer who is privy to the ongoing investigations.

Last night, Nyali OCS Albert Chebii denied that the case had been withdrawn and said investigations were ongoing. “We are still investigating the matter,” the officer told this writer without elaborating.

Kituyi was in the Coast region last month to popularise his presidential ambitions after declaring interest in the 2022 State House race.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker